Hee, this is cute. I don’t usually do these, but alright, well…here goes.
1. I am a damn good cook, and I’m not shy about it. I love making things for people because I know that if I do, it will brighten their day or make them a little happier. Cooking is probably one of the few things I am one hundred percent confident about, and even when I make a mistake I am learning.
2. I’m a damn good acupuncturist, too. Under-booked, sure, but my patients keep getting better so I must be doing something decently. Even if my practice isn’t thriving, my patients sure as hell are, and I’ve had the honor and the privilege of working with some truly remarkable people. There’s nothing in the world like watching someone thrive; I have the best job in the world.
3. I’m getting a lot more confident as a person! I’ve always struggled with body image issues; I won’t go into how bad it was, but I’m starting to see myself as a beautiful person who is worthy of love and respect, no matter what my size is. I’m finally getting out of the stage of “I can be beautiful, but I am fat” and getting into the stage of “I am beautiful, and I am also fat” which is a big thing for me!
4. I am apparently very entertaining, which is good, because I like to be! Anybody who’s come across me at conventions or anywhere else I’m doing my little balancing act, and anyone who’s been subjected to my wretched puns and horrible jokes probably knows that I like to amuse people if I can. It’s nice to think I’m good at it!
5. I’ve actually survived some bad mojo, and I think it makes me stronger as a person. I mean, bad things happen to everyone, that’s a fact of life, and by and large I’ve been very lucky. But when I look back over some of the things I’ve had to get through…I don’t know. I feel kind of proud. I survived some bad medical stuff and I got out of a toxic relationship, and even though I’m still healing, I think I’m a stronger person for having survived.